Sunday, September 23, 2012

Week 3 (Sept. 10th-16th): Methods


So I'm not quite comfortable with using methods yet, and had quite a difficult time when doing the Task lab.  During this lab I was able to get the first two parts done (course and favorite), but failed to figure out how to do the slightly more complex parts like wasted or count.  I feel like I must have missed out on something big since everyone else seemed to be on board with the lab.  This makes me think that I probably messed up the first parts of the lab as well, but honestly I'm not sure what exactly I'm supposed to be doing to edit these old labs.  So I guess my question would be, either how would I go about doing this lab or a more broad one like when would I want to use a method as supposed to writing out the code like I did in the original labs.  I'm aware drifting off during lecture is a sure way to miss key details which is what I'm afraid I probably did... however that is something I'm working on fixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment