Sunday, September 9, 2012
Week 2 (Sept. 3rd-9th): Input and Variables
So we learned how to use Inputs and Variables this week, and initially I struggled to follow along (being tired didn't help much). I think my problem was that I tend to focus on what I'll need to type to execute a certain task and why its written the way it is, instead of why I'm typing it and what its designed to accomplish. After the lecture and example, I was able to go back to the slideshow I get a better grasp of when to use certain commands. The first day we had to begin working on our programs I spent most of the class working on the "Datable" lab. But with more help from the power point and a bit from Kason I was able to put together a working program that I was quite proud of. The next day I was able to use this lab as a template for my other labs. My proudest moment however was when working on the gallons wasted lab I kept wondering why my program wouldn't work when I would input 7.5 in my program for the drips per minute, when finally after a bit of thinking back to last class I remembered the mention of doubles to get decimals and everything began to make sense. I know it may seem like an obvious thing to those who are used to programming, but being the beginner I am it was an exciting experience to finally comprehend what I'm doing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment