Wednesday, December 19, 2012

References and Parameters

So I'm finally beginning to understand references and parameters... or so I think. And even though I only got a 7 out of 10 on my most recent retake of the quiz I at least was able to fully understand why I missed certain questions. I tend to want to work quickly through problems especially when it comes to math or other logic type subjects, and it is this that I think has been one of my biggest blocks in both understanding references & parameters and computer programming in general. So I've learned that by writing down my steps I can see whats going on which really helps for these kinds of problems. I'm still a bit shaky with aliases but I think I've got those for the most part as well. It can sometimes be hard to tell what is looking where once you start getting into longer codes. I enjoyed the 3 part question though on the quiz since it really does test your ability to keep track of all your variables while you go through the code.

No comments:

Post a Comment